A Cook Islands Endorsement Certificate is required for Officers working on board Cook Islands registered vessels as set out in STCW 78 as amended. Ratings do not need Endorsement from Cook Islands.
Endorsement applications are to be sent to the STCW Certification Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Actual Endorsement Certificate can be issued by your local Deputy Registrar or sent by mail or courier from Cook Islands. Please advise which when applying.
We have tried to make the application procedure as simple as possible in order not to have any delays to ships when changing an officer.
All scanned documents to be submitted by the applicant electronically, i.e. by e-mail or download link. If files are large link by Dropbox or similar is best.
You will normally receive the Endorsements Application Acknowledgement by e-mail within a few days. If you for some reason need the Acknowledgement “immediately” due to sickness of Officer etc., applications can be sent to Deputy Registrar’s office and Acknowledgement should be received from there the same day. There is an additional fee for this.
No need to send any original documents. No need for notarisation or other authentication of documents as all will be verified with issuing authority.
Procedure for Issuing an Endorsement Certificate
– The application for endorsement, and its supporting documents, shall be received either by the STCW Office or by a Deputy Registrar.
– Once the application has been verified as complete, fee paid and all supporting documents required for processing have been submitted, a Letter of Acknowledgement of Application may be issued to the applicant. Valid for maximum 3 months
- Completed Form 16 Application for Endorsement Certificate
- Current Certificate of Competency and Endorsement
- GMDSS – General Radio Operator’s Certificate (if applicable)
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW A-V/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (STCW A-VI/1-4)
- Standards regarding special training requirements for personnel on certain types of ships (chapter V).
- Medical Certificate recent – valid for 2 years
- Record of Service (Seaman’s book)
- Recent passport size photograph